Google
 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Empty-nest old person hopes to talk with someone else

Chinanews, Wuhan, Jul. 21 – Cai Baiben, 88, an empty-nest old man, posted a notice recently asking college graduates to live in his apartment for free, on conditions that they should talk with him.
“My wife died during the Cultural Revolution, and my only daughter after marriage has been living apart from me. I feel lonely,” said Cai. He said although he could read books and newspapers, no one talked with him, which made him feel bad. “In recent years most of my old friends have passed away, and I just can't bring myself always to ask volunteers in my community to help me,” he said.
Cai learned from the media that many non-local college graduates had failed to find accommodation after getting employed in the city, so he decided to post that notice. “I have a monthly living allowance of only 200 yuan, and the condition of the apartment isn’t good, but I still hope it can be a shelter for them,” he said.

No comments:

Google