Google
 

Saturday, July 21, 2007

School dropout admitted by Tsinghua again

Chinanews, Beijing, July 20 – Zhang Fei, a young college student who once studied in Peking University and Tsinghua University but was later expelled from school for indulging in cyber games and getting bad grades in term exams, was accepted by Tsinghua University again this year. In some media reports, he was called "Kaoba", or a talent in passing examinations. On Thursday, the boy responded on public occasions to the nicknaming by denying that he was a Kaoba, “Indeed, I experienced many changes this time,” the boy said.
Zhang’s father thanked Tsinghua who was so kind to accept a student like his son.
“He behaves much better now than before," his father said to the school.
Tsinghua University welcomed Zhang’s joining the school, saying that they believe Zhang would become a good student.
Zhang said he felt very sad when someone called him a “skillful” college entrance examination taker. “I don't think that someone would give up the chance of studying in Peking University or Tsinghua University in order to earn some money.”
On the whole, Zhang said, he was not the only student that had ever been expelled by prestigious universities.
“Many people have the same experience like I do. They gave up their study once because they were addicted to cyber games. They suffered greatly from this part of their experiences, like I did,”he said.
He said that he had a lot of shortcomings, and that he had now he recognized the defects in his character and knew why he was expelled from school. “I will make a lot of improvements. To begin with, I will learn to show my concern for my parents, and then for people around me. I will establish a sense of responsibility and gradually set my lifetime goal. I will learn to behave myself and then improve myself. Also, I will try to support myself before helping others.”
Many students in Tsinghua also welcomed Zhang’s becoming a student of the university again. “Everybody makes mistake. We should give him a chance to correct his mistakes,” said Li Lin, a student in Tsinghua University, “We expect that he will value his campus life. ”

No comments:

Google