Google
 

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Young women make money by chatting with older people

Young women make money by chatting with older people
www.chinanews.cn 2007-08-06 17:48:34







Chinanews, Xi'an, Aug 6 – A group of young women in Xi'an recently found a new way of making money – chatting with older people. They can spend some time talking with the old people to help them kill the time and in return, they will charge a small sum of money for their work, Sanqin Daily reported.

Last week, this reporter went to the Huancheng Park in Xi'an to have a look. When he arrived at the gate at five o'clock in the afternoon, he saw some middle-aged or old people laughing and talking with some young ladies over a cup of tea. It seemed that they were having a good time together.

Some other young women were walking among the crowd, with a handbag in hand. “Ten yuan for a one-hour chat. You might pay me more or less, depending on your mood today,” the young women said.

This reporter saw that some old people were bargaining with the women about the service fee.

Mr. Li was a regular visitor to the park. He told this reporter that he lived in the Danni'er Community Center in Xi'an. Every afternoon, he comes to the park to look for someone who can chat with him. After the chat, he will pay the person a sum of money.

“This year, I am turning 78. My wife passed away years ago and my children are always too busy to stay with me. I often feel lonely at home. So I want to find someone to chat with me. I don't mind paying a little money for the fun I get from the chat,” Mr. Li told this reporter.

 A young lady also went to the park regularly. “Usually, I arrive here at three o'clock in the afternoon and chat with old people until late in the evening. I charge some money for chatting with them. I have earned much money by doing so.”

No comments:

Google